Threat ModelingDecember 12, 2013
Website SecurityDecember 18, 2013
Application security code review services offer line-by-line inspection of the application to determine any security flaws or backdoor that is left into the application. This service includes thorough review of programming source code of multi-tier and multi-component enterprise applications written in programming languages such as C/C++, Ruby, Python, Perl, PHP, ASP, .NET, Java etc. We use multiple automated tools which help us to quickly analyze the flaws, and then will manually validate every issue and inspect code to overcome the limitations of automated tools and techniques that are ineffective.
Secure code review verifies compliance with industry security standards and our own secure coding guidelines. Once the testing and code-inspection phases are complete, the analysts generate a comprehensive and easy-to-read report detailing the code deficiencies uncovered in the analysis.
- Security Code Review uncovers potential security issues early in the development process
- On basis of static source code analysis, application loopholes are identified and documented
- Understanding the application and identify risks posed and left untouched even by experts
Security Code Review Approach
Our approach to Application Security Code Security Review involves the following steps:
- A threat model is designed with the coordination of development team which helps us un-derstand the applications functionality and existing security threats. Risks identified in the Threat model tell us which code to look at first and deepest.
- Use multiple automated tools to as¬sess the code for semantic and language security bugs and optimize the search for vulnerabilities like Cross Site Scripting (XSS), Injection flaws, File Canonicalization and other vulnerabilities that require extensive labor.
- Manual validation of every issue is done and conduct line-by-line inspection of the application code to find logical errors, insecure use of cryptography, insecure system configurations, and other known issues specific to the platform (e.g. buffer overflow etc.)
- Research has shown that every bug removed during a review saves 9 hours in testing, debugging and fixing the code
- Identifying vulnerabilities and thus decreasing total cost of the application by reducing expenditure on remediation processes later
- Making application risk averse from malicious attackers
- Our expertise combined with advanced automated tools make the analysis faster, more accurate, and more effective.
Security Code Review Deliverable
Executive and Technical Report which includes:
- Vulnerabilities and details with severity level
- Remedies and technical details of the same
- Graphs and charts analyzing the security quotient of the application
- Analytical tips for taking care in further development