Data Center Security AuditDecember 9, 2013
IT Act 2008December 9, 2013
Department of Telecom is heading towards addressing the data security concerns and it calls upon all the telecom operators to comply with the data security regulations put in place. DOT (Department of Telecom) has specified the designated authority who will look upon the telecom service providers to comply with the security policy.
In the wake of choosing a robust data security policy, DOT has asked the telecom operators to adopt the Electro Magnetic Field exposure norms.
- Using the mobile phones can cause headaches.
- There is a myth that it is more safe to use the phone is a car as it shields the radiation.
- The use of mobile phones can cause the brain cancer.
- It is dangerous to reside close to the mobile base stations.
- No one is examining the ill-health effects caused by the Radio Frequency radiation.
- Headache is not related to the use of mobile phones.
- The use of the mobile phone inside the car increase the RF radiation.
- No scientific evidence is there that using the phone is responsible for the brain cancer.
- Not the tower, but it is the antenna that needs to keep distance from.
Challenges in Adopting the DOT Security Compliance
- Newer business requirements.
- Increased complexity of network architecture.
- Unaware of risk vulnerabilities.
- Different service providers in different zones/ area.
- Telecom providers usually do not want to conduct the data security audit as it involves the cost.
- Cost involved in maintaining records of all data and records round the year.
Torrid Networks Provide Effective Implementation of DOT Compliance
It is quite essential for the telecom operators to successfully implement the DOT compliance features to ensure that the data keep with them is secure and customers personal information is protected.
At Torrid Networks, we ensure the telecom service providers for the right implementation of the DOT compliance. We adopt the more focused and robust network security controls.
- Carrying out the comprehensive information security risk assessment and it helps telecom operators in identifying the problem areas to be focused.
- Establishing the high-tech network security function with the operator.
- Setting-up the mechanism for two way communication between the service provider and network security function provider to assess the security threats.
- Implementing the technology solutions that help meeting the new and advanced network security requirements.
- Continuous monitoring of the implementation of security procedures & tasks. It helps in spotting the new data security threats so that organizations can quickly cope up with these security challenges.